Cosmetic Dyes: Introduction
- Cosmetic dyes are a type of cosmetic additives that impart color to various cosmetic products such as hair oil, lotions, lipsticks, nail enamels, soaps, and eye colors
- Organic Pigment Manufacturers define dyes as intensely colored or fluorescent organic substances, which impart color to a substrate by selective absorption of light
- Color plays an important role in the marketing of a cosmetic product. Among thousands of substances used for color, synthetic dyes are the most widespread in the industry. Their potential secondary effects on human health and different regulatory requirements for their use make them analytically important to choose. However, methodologies for the determination of dyes in cosmetics are scarce with respect to those reported for other cosmetic ingredients such as preservatives or ultraviolet UV filters.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Cosmetic Dyes Market
- Increase in usage of cosmetic dyes in toiletries, skin care, and hair care products is driving the global cosmetic dyes market. Rise in preference of hair color, permanent or temporary, is expected to boost the demand for cosmetic dyes during the forecast period. Additionally, rise in research activities in the field of demi-permanent hair color with no ammonia formulation is expected to fuel the demand for cosmetic dyes during the forecast period.
- Increase in awareness about the quality of facial cosmetic products such as wrinkle treatment and premium lotions, among the young as well as geriatric population, is another factor boosting the global cosmetic dyes market
- Rise in regulations on certain color additives that are harmful to skin and can create certain health issues is estimated to restrain the market during the forecast period. For instance, coal-tar based hair dyes and dyes containing lead acetate are regulated under The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) agency.
Download PDF Brochure - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=66389
Cosmetic Dyes: Product Type Segment
- Based on product type, the market can be bifurcated into natural and synthetic. Synthetic cosmetic dyes are widely utilized across all cosmetic applications. Synthetic cosmetic dyes exhibit better stability properties and impart more intense color. Furthermore, the manufacturing cost of synthetic cosmetic dyes is lower than that of natural cosmetic dyes. However, demand for natural cosmetic dyes is expected to rise at a higher pace, as they are less harmful to the skin.
- Synthetic is projected to be the fastest-growing type segment of the cosmetic dyes market during the forecast period. The cosmetic dyes market has been expanding significantly due to the increase in demand for cosmetic and personal care products.
COVID-19 Impact on Cosmetic Dyes Market
- Since the beginning of 2020, the global economy has been experiencing a downturn with the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic. The outbreak of COVID-19 is anticipated to have a significant effect on production and distribution of cosmetic dyes.
- Governments of several countries have imposed strict lockdowns to curb the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. Many manufacturing companies are either shut down or running low on production capacity.
- Decrease in industrial activities due to the pandemic has been adversely impacting the global cosmetic dyes market
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research – https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/manufacturers-in-rotomolding-market-keen-on-boosting-sustainability-quotient-by-adopting-bioderivative-materials-cost-effective-products-becomes-priority-tmr-301245715.html
Asia Pacific to Dominate Global Cosmetic Dyes Market
- In terms of region, the global cosmetic dyes market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of consumption, Asia Pacific is the leading region of the global cosmetic dyes market. Rise in disposable income, due to improving economic conditions, and rise in importance of personal grooming among working women with higher incomes are boosting the demand for cosmetic dyes in the region.
- Economies in North America and Europe are mature and are likely to grow moderately during the forecast period. Rise in demand for premium cosmetic products, such as oil-based lipsticks and serums, among the rising geriatric population is fueling the demand for cosmetic dyes in North America and Europe.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is projected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. Rise in consumer spending on health & beauty products with high per capita income across the UAE and Brazil is expected to boost the market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa.
- Merger & acquisition and capacity expansion are key strategies adopted by leading companies operating in the cosmetic dyes market. For instance, in 2018, Aakash Chemicals & Dye-Stuffs, Inc., a leading manufacturer of cosmetic dyes, based in the U.S., acquired Sandream Impact, LLC, a supplier of colorants and other specialty chemicals to cosmetic, personal care, and nutritional industries.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Cosmetic Dyes Market
The global cosmetic dyes market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global cosmetic dyes market include:
- Sensient Cosmetic Technologies
- Arlex Chemi Pvt. Ltd.
- DyStar Singapore Pte Ltd
- Chromatech Incorporated
- Pylam Products Company, Inc.
- Organic Dyes & Pigments LLC (ORCO)
- Aakash Chemicals and Dyestuffs
- Goldmann Group
- Synthesia, a.s.
- JAGSON COLORCHEM Ltd
- WeylChem International GmbH
- Kiri Industries Ltd.
- REXZA COLOURS
Global Cosmetic Dyes Market: Research Scope
Global Cosmetic Dyes Market, by Product Type
Global Cosmetic Dyes Market, by Technology
Global Cosmetic Dyes Market, by Form
Global Cosmetic Dyes Market, by Application
- Hair Care
- Facial Care
- Eye Makeup Products
- Lip Care
- Nail Products
Request for covid19 Impact Analysis - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=66389