Transparency Market Research (TMR) has published a new report titled, ‘Cell culture media, sera, and reagents Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019–2027’. According to the report, the global cell culture media, sera, and reagents market was valued at US$ 4,987.7 Mn in 2018 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 5.7% from 2019 to 2027.
Request Brochure –
- The global cell culture media, sera and reagents market is witnessing impressive growth due to the increase in demand for biopharmaceutical products. Since its introduction as an integral part of the life sciences industry, the cell culture market has witnessed significant growth in terms of scope as well as adoption by the end-users.
- The double-digit growth in the biotechnology and biopharmaceutical industries is the major factor likely to boost the growth of the cell culture media, sera and reagents market in the near future.
Growing Demand for Biopharmaceuticals and Artificial Organs to Drive Market
- The current USD 200billion plus global biological drugs market comprises hormones, vaccines, monoclonal antibodies, therapeutic enzymes, blood factors, etc. The limited applicability of conventional pharmaceuticals in curing diseased or injured tissues has led to an increasing demand for the biologics mentioned above.
- The incredible specificity of biopharmaceuticals has opened new avenues in health care such as personalized medicine, wherein various diseases or conditions can be treated using specific biomolecules depending upon the patient’s physiological, biological, and genetic makeup.
- Limited competition from generics (called biosimilars) is also fueling market growth, as these drugs are developed using unique processes involving growth of live cell cultures under controlled environmental conditions.
- Artificial organs are engineered biological substitutes used to replace the structure and restore the functions of an impaired or diseased organ. The market for these artificial organs is expected to grow at a double digit CAGR of 25% in the near future, indicating an increasing demand and strong growth potential in the cell culture market.
- Cell-based applications of regenerative medicine include development of artificial organs and tissue and bone grafts to restore lost body functions. Development of specialty growth media and culture techniques that ensure specificity and availability of high end technology for scaling up cultures are important factors that would drive the market growth in these segments.
Request COVID Analysis on Cell Culture Media, Sera, and Reagents Market –
Classical Media Segment to Dominate Market
- Based on media type, the global cell culture media, sera, and reagents market has been divided into chemically-defined, classical, Lysogeny Broth (LB), protein-free, serum-free, and specialty. The classical media segment accounted for majority share of the global cell culture media, sera, and reagents market in 2018.
- A classical cell culture media contains a mixture of specific nutrients such as acids, salts, vitamins, and sugar mixed in a buffered physiological saline solution. The constituents of basal media are defined on the basis of the type of culture system being used and the nature of cells to be cultured.
Fetal Bovine to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- In terms of product, the global cell culture media, sera, and reagents market has been classified into fetal bovine, newborn calf and adult bovine, and others.
- Serum is commonly used as a supplement in cell culture media. Sera provides wide range of macromolecules, trace elements, carrier proteins, spreading factors, hormones, low molecular weight nutrients and other growth factors. Fetal bovine serum (FBS) is the most common sera type used in cell culture medium.
- Fetal bovine serum (FBS) is the remnant blood fraction drawn from bovine fetus. FBS is a widely used serum supplement for in vitro cell culture of eukaryotic cells.
Request Customization on Cell Culture Media, Sera, and Reagents Report –
North America to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of region, the global cell culture media, sera, and reagents market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America dominated the global cell culture media, sera, and reagents market in 2018, followed by Europe.
- It is driven by a large patient pool suffering from malignant diseases such as leukemia and lymphoma, bacterial and viral infections, and metabolic diseases as well as research and development projects for drug discovery that are currently underway.
- The emerging economies of Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Latin America, and Africa are anticipated to be major contributors to the growth of cell culture market during the forecast period.
Buy Cell Culture Media, Sera, and Reagents Report –
- The global cell culture media, sera, and reagents market is fragmented in terms of number of players. Key players in the global market include Sigma-Aldrich Corporation, BD Biosciences, EMD Millipore, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., GE Healthcare, Lonza Biosciences, VWR International, and Corning incorporated, Eppendorf AG., HiMedia Laboratories, WuXi AppTec, Sumitomo Bakelite Co., Ltd., PAA Laboratories, PromoCell GmbH, and Takara Bio, Inc., among others.
The global cell culture media, sera, and reagents market has been segmented as follows:
- Global Cell culture media, sera, and reagents Market, by Media Type
- Global Cell culture media, sera, and reagents Market, by Product
- Fetal Bovine
- Newborn calf and adult bovine
- Global Cell culture media, sera, and reagents Market, by Reagents
- Amino acids
- Attachment factors
- Growth Factors & Cytokines
- Protease Inhibitors
- Global Cell culture media, sera, and reagents Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants, uses proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]